Stress and Mood Management Course
This free course introduces Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) as a method of effectively reducing difficult emotions such as anxiety, depression and anger.
Topics covered on this course include:
- Understanding anxiety and general stress
- Understanding low mood and the behaviours and unhelpful thinking patterns associated with it
- Techniques for managing difficult thoughts
- Managing the expectations we set ourselves and others
- Managing anger and techniques for communicating assertively
- Helpful ways to put techniques in to practice
This is a taught course, run in a group format, so although there will be some group discussion it is up to you how much or how little you choose to take part.
This course is suitable for persons experiencing mild levels of emotional difficulty. If you feel that your needs are more complex, we recommend that you have an initial assessment . To do this you will need to send to us a completed registration form. Please do not register for both a course and an assessment at the same time. If you are booking a place on a Stress and Mood Management Course, please wait until the course has finished to complete the registration form.
For course dates and to book a place, click on ‘Book a Course’ where you will find a list of courses coming up soon.
Please note that this course is available to people aged 16 and over who are registered with a GP in South Gloucestershire only.